“Hey, let’s get away and get a room on the other side of town.”
I know I’m not the only who remembers that lyric from T.I.’s 2003 hit single, “Let’s Get Away.” That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Teresa Maccapani Missoni for Eloquii collection. I thought of going somewhere to free my mind and looking fabulous while doing so.
The 24-piece capsule is made up of dresses, jumpsuits, skirts, pants, and tops in silk crepe, cotton eyelet, and chiffon fabrics. An avid traveler, when designing the collection Teresa unlocked her archive of memorable experiences as the source of inspiration for her debut collection.
Like Teresa, everyone deserves to vacation, and there’s no rule that says that vacation has to be spent abroad. If you’re not able to travel far, a staycation is perfectly fine. Regardless of what you decide to do, time for self is very necessary. After all, being an adult is difficult at times. Adulting may be a verb but she has noun-like characteristics. She’s a nagging, selfish force that tries to stop you from being great by sending you bills to pay and responsibilities to tend to. So escape her every chance you get and do so while wearing silk crepe, cotton eyelet and chiffon fabrics with elevated details.
Not sure where to go? Below are a few seven suggestions as well as what you should wear.
1. Have a solo cookout. You are your best company, right?
2. Book a hotel room and escape for the evening.
3. What about the Casino? They’re addictive and before you know it’ll be time to go home.
4. Visit a tourist attraction that you’ve always wanted to visit.
5. Treat yourself to a spa day.
6. Head to a local farmers market and enjoy the scenery.
7. Turn your day into a cultural experience and spend the day at a museum.
There are endless possibilities with this collection. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of places to escape to. Make sure you visit Eloquii.com to view the entire collection.