Today.com posted these 5 tips for how to get a plus size (yes, you read that right) wedding dress at a bargain by Alesandra Dubin. Check it out:
- Look at bridesmaid dresses – I love this tip because it makes sense. Bridal gowns are expensive, however, most bridesmaid dresses aren’t and they come in a variety of lengths and shades of white.
- Shop regular retailers – Yet another that makes sense. If you notice once you get into specific categories the cost doubles or triples. However, many retailers that provide formal wear have many white options for half the cost. Haven’t you ever seen online or at a store and said that looks like a wedding dress? I know I have.
- Second hand shops – Hey, it was only worn once, so why not? I didn’t even know OnceWed.com existed. What an awesome and inexpensive option.
- Budget friendly retailers – The article mentions David’s Bridal. If it’s your cup of tea, then fine. I personally do not care for the service or selection, but it’s been several years since I had a reason to go bridal gown shopping so maybe they might be the one for you. The point is you may find want you need from the warehouse type place instead of the special boutique.
- Sample Sales! – Sample sales give huge discounts and low and behold they actually range in shapes and sizes. (Who knew?)