Plus Size & Thankful: 21 Things That Make Me Happy
Editor’s Note: Last month, we asked our readers what made them happy. This submission comes from Nijah Jihad of NJS Plus Size Beauty.
This is a really good question because it gives me the opportunity to reflect. Fortunately for me, the answer is not indicative of one specific person, place or thing- rather, there’s a smorgasbord. Therefore, I present to you, a snapshot of some of the moments that make me flash that big Kool-Aid smile!!!!
- Each day I open my eyes from the nighttime rest is a blessing!
- Fear has no place in my life!
- I love that in this very moment, I am doing something that I love- WRITING! I realized that my pen is one of my greatest weapons!
- All that I went through was painful and full of disappointments, but I now know that all of it helped to birth my passion!
- I love sharing my weight loss journey and also empowering others through my testimony.
- I’m in good health.
- I am fearfully and wonderfully made!
- I am FREE!!!
- I’m happily pursuing my dreams.
- Taking random pictures, then tweeting and blogging about them
- Sharing fashion tips
- Going to the movies, bowling and playing badminton
- Making good choices
- Writing in my journal
- Solving crypto quotes *adjusts glasses*
- Going to church
- Hanging out with my mom
- Finding bargains on clearance racks
- Shopping for shoes (I should add this twice!!!)
Of course I have a gazillion more of these joyful moments that I have experienced in my 33 years, but for space and time sake, I’ll end my list for now. It is important to note that I did not write them in any particular order but rather as they came to mind.