Budget Friendly, Kid Approved Dishes
With a tough economy and picky eaters, parents have a difficult time finding kid approved, budget friendly dishes. Let’s not forget healthy too! Here are a few of my favorites:
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
I know there are many brands out there that come already made. The only thing with that is the cost is higher and you have added preservatives. So here is my quick, healthy alternative to store brought versions of a fruit and yogurt parfait.
- 1 cup of your child’s favorite fruit
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt or vanilla Greek yogurt if your child has a taste for that.
- Wash off fruit, cut up any large pieces into smaller chunky pieces
- Layer fruit, then yogurt 2 times.
For additional flavor, add a dash of cinnamon on the last yogurt layer.
Serving size: 1
Quick No Crust Pizza
I fell in love with this while trying to lose my pregnancy weight and my daughter would also take bites of this. You can do a sauce-less version as well, it’s just as good.
- Wheat Tortillas (some come in package of 8 or more, use 1 per person)
- 2 Tbl sp. Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup of low fat or non fat cheese
Additional toppings you can use:
- Black Olives
- Pepperoni or Turkey Pepperoni
Spread sauce on tortilla, layer your toppings, back in toaster oven for 10 mins. until cheese is golden brown.
Slice and serve.
Serving size: 1 pizza per person