When you walk into your home, does the look and feel of its style make you want to just walk back out? If you are tired of your home’s current decor, but your budget won’t allow you to remodel or redecorate completely, what do you do?
You look for inexpensive and easy ways to transform the look and feel of your home. They are out there, and with the right ideas, the right fasteners and fixings, and a few materials, you can choose from a variety of options that will make your home feel like new without breaking the bank.
Not sure where to start? Let us help you with a few ideas.
Easy Decorating Tips for Your Home
- Sometimes remodelling isn’t necessary, especially if clutter is a big part of your decor. Organize some of that mess to change the look of certain rooms in your home. If you can, buy decorative shelving and fun boxes to organize certain items. Make sure you have the correct fasteners and fixings to put the shelving together, and you will have no problem creating a whole new look.
- Tired of the same old layout? Rearrange! Move your existing furniture around in the same room, or swap rooms altogether. While this may take a bit of elbow grease, it will make a world of difference.
- If you have a friend who is willing to be honest with you, have them come into your home and assess any problems with your decor. They may be able to tell you exactly what to do to change the look of your house.
- Fixing up and re-purposing old pieces of furniture can give your room an instant makeover. Use a fresh coat of paint, stain, or new fixtures to make old items look like new!
- Using bolts and screws, attach a mirror to the inside of the back of an open cabinet or bookcase for a fresh look. If you don’t have a mirror, or can’t find one you like, you can also use wallpaper.
- You may not be able to afford a new bathroom sink or new kitchen cabinets, but you can still make them look and feel brand new with the use of new hardware. Change out your old faucets, knobs, and handles on your cabinets, dressers, sinks, tubs, and storage units.
- Make purchases you love. Don’t buy something just because it ‘fits’ in your space or you like the price. If you don’t love it, don’t buy it.
- Want to change the look of an entire room at once? Repaint it. Adding a new shade or colour will make it seem updated and refreshed.
- If you have artwork scattered throughout your house, you can easily use it to give your space a new look. Arrange all of it on one wall, and then install accent lighting with the correct fasteners and fixings above it. This accent wall will draw your guest’s attention and bring a new perspective to your space.
- It’s summer, so why not bring the outdoors in? Grab a handful of fresh flowers and arrange them in vases all over your home to add a bit of colour and happiness to your decor.
Are you ready to remodel your home, but your budget just won’t allow it? With the right materials, the right fasteners and fixings, and these helpful ideas, you can turn your decor from boring to extraordinary with just a few simple steps!
About the author: The Workshop Warehouse has a growing catalogue of high quality fasteners and fixings. We carry a huge selection of quality fasteners and fixings at The Workshop Warehouse, especially for industrial and home use.