On Tuesday, July 10th, I was lucky enough to be part of Qristyl Frazier Design’s “Sizzling Summer Fashion Show” in the heart of Harlem. Arriving at 2:00 pm to a room filled with an amazing glam squad and gorgeous ladies.
I always loved fashion shows, the vibe backstage is always fun, energetic and in this case very curvy. I was excited to walk with my regular runway partners Jeannie Ferguson and Tricia Campbell. Throughout my career I must say every show I ever done include one of them and when I am lucky, both of them.
As a bonus, the show was also being filmed by NuVo TV’s hit show, “Curvy Girls” so the energy was on extra high.
The entire fashion show was styled by the extraordinary award-winning celebrity fashion stylist Spry Lee Scott who never fails when it comes to styling a curvy woman. Every look was put together just the way I like it…sexy, sophisticated, paired with incredible shoes and not overly accessorized.
I wore 3 looks…all were a must have but my ultimate favorite was look #1. It made me feel so sexy and ready to hit the town. It was a multi color dress(pink & red) whose cut , fabric, and draping hugged all my curves and flattered my figure. Spry paired the outfit with amazing red sandals and minimal accessories ….in this case “less is definitely more”. The dress itself was fabulous so over accessorizing would’ve been distracting. He styled me how I would’ve styled myself which showed in my diva walk down the runway. I strongly predict this dress will be one of Qrystal Frazier’s NEW top sellers.
CHRISTINA MENDEZ’S HOT CURVY PICKS:
1. This green jumper, orange platform suede sandals and colorful bangles look is FAB!!!!!! I think it looks great on Chasity and by the look on her face I know she feels FAB in it. Work it girl!
2. I am so IN LOVE with this dress. As a new mom (again), clothing choices can be limited (not comfortable or stylish) but this dress is so versatile and can meet all my needs. During the day while running errands I can wear this dress with thong sandals and some bangle bracelets. Going to work? I can add a short tailored white blazer. Time to party? Or is it date night? I can put on some sexy wedges and accessorize the way Spry put it together and POW I turned heads ALL DAY! This is a must have and Yes, I plan on owning this dress.
3. I love to wear bright colors (especially in the summer time); Spry is amazing at color blocking and coordination of colors. The green sandals and earrings are a gorgeous pair. I plan on using this color combo before the summer is over.
4. What can I say about this one? It SCREAMS Jenny from the block/J Lo hotness. After having two kids, some areas may not be a perky right now (LOL), but with the right foundation, I will be pre-ordering this jumper. Lorna is totally rocking this look and I am sure she would be a hit at any event or night club with this number. Pure hotness.
5. This multi color dress which I also saw in all black is cute. The adjustable string in the waist area are working like the belts we wear to accentuate our waist and the bat wing sides can hide a multiple of things (wink wink). Again, Spry styled this with minimal accessories but the “pop of color” blue suede 6 inch platforms gives the whole look exactly what it needs.
Photography Credit: Dideo Michel of Dideography
Keep up with Christina at christinamendez.com