Aside from being a resource for plus size women when it comes to fashion, entertainment news, relationship advice and beauty tips, the staff of DailyVenusDiva.com is involved in other facets of the plus size community. Whether we’re attending events in an effort to lend our support, sharing our individual stories by speaking at events or posting about events in your area, our goal is to empower you.
We are one of many sources that you can depend on to support you and your curves. Below is a list of organizations that we support and we suggest you support them too by getting involved.
- The International Fuller Woman Network was founded by Cassandra Jones-McBryde in the US and is comprised of women from all over the world that are committed to the mission of embracing who we are as women and creating a national dialogue of acceptance and celebration.
- PLUS Positive is on a mission to build body confidence and self esteem in plus size men, women, and teens to help realize their full potential. They also advocate for size diversity in the entertainment industry to create more job opportunities for plus size talent.
- The Mission of the International Size Acceptance Association is to promote size acceptance and to help end weight-based discrimination throughout the world by means of advocacy and visible, lawful actions.
- Founded in 1969, the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAFA) is a non-profit, all volunteer, civil rights organization dedicated to protecting the rights and improving the quality of life for fat people. NAAFA works to eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide fat people with the tools for self-empowerment through advocacy, public education, and support.
- Chi Zeta Theta Sorority, Inc. is a multi-cultural, non-collegiate sisterhood with the purpose of uplifting encouraging and empowering the plus size woman. We embrace all women of all shapes and sizes and encourage them to not only be sisterly to one another, but to promote service in our communities as well.
- Created by Linda Bacon, Health at Every Size is based on the simple premise that the best way to improve health is to honor your body. It supports people in adopting health habits for the sake of health and well-being (rather than weight control).