For years Just My Size has been known for designing comfortable undergarments and sportswear for plus size women. They’ve worked hard over the years to add plus size clothing to their list of expertise and was a featured designer during 2010’s Full Figured Fashion Week in New York City.
As they continue to make their mark on the plus size fashion industry, Just My Size will host their 1st annual Style Symposium in NYC this weekend. This event which takes place from October 19-20 will allow bloggers, editors and the Just My Size executives to share ideas and help generate more thought-provoking dialogue.
Topics discussed during the 2-day event will include:
- The Impact of Plus-Size Fashion in the Fashion World
- Plus-Size Women Designing Clothes for Plus-Size Women
- Fashion Forward and Fashion Affordable
- The Role of Social Media in Plus-Size Fashion
This event will bring together some of the most knowledgeable women (and man) in the plus community to share their thoughts in an open forum. This all expenses paid trip will conclude with the JMS Winter/Spring runway show, which will also be attended by New York’s top fashion editors.
Bloggers and editors in attendance for this groundbreaking event include:
- Kimberly Binkman – Fab Finds Under 50, Indiana
- Aimee Chesire – Madison Plus, New York
- Beth Davis, Plus Size Mommy, Pennsylvania
- Marie Denee – The Curvy Fashionista, Callifornia
- Maddy Fiqueroa Jones – Plus Model Magazine, New York
- Glen Johnson- Full Figure Plus, Arkansas
- Diana Rajchel – Fat Chic, Minnesota
- Stephanie Penn-Danforth – Daily Venus Diva, Michigan (That’s ME!)
- Meieli Sawyer – About.com, Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Bella Styles – SKORCH, Virginia
- Alissa Willson – The Budget Fashionista, New York
- Erica Young – Madison Plus, New York
I am excited to reunite with so many of my blogging and real life friends but I also welcome the chance to forge new relationships as well. Make sure you follow DailyVenusDiva on twitter and facebook for updates.