Snoring problems are something that the majority of us will encounter at some point in our lives, whether it’s our own or someone else’s. If you live with a snorer or if you are one yourself, then you know that snoring is something that can actually drive a wedge between people. Neither the snorer nor the one who can’t sleep through the noise gets a good night’s sleep, resulting in mental fatigue the next day. If the problem with snoring occurs each day, as it does with most couples, it can lead to even bigger problems.
Snoring is usually caused by irregular nasal air flow due to a blockage in the airways. Other causes can be a weakened throat, a throat surrounded with fat, nasal congestion, or tissues surrounding airways that rub against each other and vibrate.
If you are looking to find solutions to snoring problems, there are a wide variety of treatments available. While there are some very effective surgical and medical treatments, it is always a good idea to start with natural and non-invasive solutions.
6 natural cures for snoring:
1) Mild snoring can usually be addressed by switching to a different sleeping position. If you sleep on your back, you may want to try sleeping on your side and see if it addresses or reduces your problem.
2) Try elevating your head when lying down by using more pillows. This can free your airways and make breathing less strenuous while you sleep.
3) Lifestyle changes can do a lot to remedy your snoring problems. If you have vices such as drinking or smoking, try cutting down or quitting entirely. You should also exercise regularly to enhance your respiratory system. If you are overweight, try to lose a few pounds and get to your ideal weight.
4) Several types of medication can also cause snoring problems. Among them are sleeping pills which, ironically, people tend to take when they can’t sleep due to their snoring problems. As much as possible, try to get natural sleep and ask your doctor if any of your other medications contribute to your snoring problem.
5) There are also other very helpful but unconventional treatments including singing or playing woodwind or brass instruments. Such activities exercise your lungs and strengthen your throat to reduce or completely cure your snoring problems.
6) Activities such as yoga and meditation can help you eradicate your snoring problems if done regularly, especially before sleeping. Such activities help you relax and improve your breathing techniques.