Hello again my loves…
If you’re on Twitter (at this point if you’re not…you’re just trying to be difficult…please stop trying to hold out) then you’ll know that earlier this week all around the Twitterverse folks were enamored with the Trend Topic #dearfuturespouse.
Most of the tweets gave you that awww fuzzy wuzzy…furry wurry feeling (I can’t lie…I also partook in this trend topic), while others were downright hilarious and some would have been better off just not typed. What I’m most surprised about is the fact that I’m still even thinking about this topic days later. Yeah I’m on the whole, “ What would I say to my future spouse” tip.
Contrary to popular belief among people who think they know but have no idea (yeah I’m talking to you) …I…sueZette yasmin…would like to settle down, get married, and have lots of babies…prior to running my empire and taking over the world (#ambitious). Seriously, I know I’m a do-gooder by day, Superwoman by trade, but family is on my list of things to do as well.
So this post is dedicated to the Top 10 Things My Future Husband needs to know or understand about me (because the reality is knowing and understanding are two different states of being). These are in no particular order…
Dear Future Husband,
10. I am not a morning person…never have been…never will be, but I do look forward to waking up to you every single morning that The Creator gives us together.
9. Music is my blood…without it…there is no life…and essentially there is no me.
8. I am a proud alumnus of the University of Florida and I don’t play any game when it comes to trash talking my alma mater. Translation: You don’t want no problems.
7. I want you to be the head. There is no “I” in team. Let’s build this house together. I’ve proven that I can do it on my own; I’m ready to do it with you.
6. I’m perfectly imperfect and wouldn’t change a thing that didn’t need to be changed. Life to me is about infinite possibilities and you learn and grow from mistakes just as you do from blessings.
5. I need space…but I also need you.
4. My mouth…can and will get me into trouble. Sometimes I can be misunderstood, but please know my intentions are always good.
3. God, Loyalty, Trust, Respect, Honesty, Humor…our foundation
2. I will never take myself too seriously.
1. I am blessed and honored to be on this journey with you.
Song of the Week, “Nothing on You”-B.O.B. featuring Bruno Mars
About SueZette: SueZette is a proud card carrying member of the SUPER SEXY XL club. Northern-born, Southern-reared, Island-infused…this broad’s got a 6?1” mentality with a business woman’s sensibility. When she’s not focused on ED reform, she’s dishing out advice on her site DearZette.com, and hitting the internet super highway in search of her next sophistafunk buy!