Chef Lovely of Fox TV’s Hell’s Kitchen wants you to feel comfortable in the kitchen and be GLAM while doing it. Give this recipe a try the next time you’re in need for a sandwich.
2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sour cream
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, rough chop
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon sriracha (hot chili sauce)
1/2 firm-ripe mango, peeled and cored
a 7 inch length soft italian bread such as Ciabatta
4 small soft-leafed lettuce leaves such as baby butter
- Preheat a medium sized skillet on medium high heat. Place in the butter and olive oil.
- Clean and pat dry your chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute’ the chicken breast on one side for 4-5 minutes. Take a pastry brush and brush on an even layer of honey on the chicken breasts.
- Reduce heat to low, cover with lid or foil and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut mango into thin slices length wise and set aside.
- Diagonally cut chicken and horizontally cut your bread in half.
- In a bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, curry powder, sriracha, and salt and pepper to taste until combined well.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on both sides of the bread.
- On 1 bread half stack lettuce, chicken, and mango and top with remaining bread half, gently pressing together. Cut sandwich in half.
Chef Lovely Tip
Serve this amazing sandwich with a fresh mixed green salad, baked or kettled cooked potato chips, or even a light soup. Sriracha can be purchased in Asian markets and in some grocery stores like Whole Foods, etc. Enjoy!