You can thrive, not just survive, and create a wonderful holiday season this year. Below is a few tips that will help you get through the holdiday season with flying colors.
- You can’t do it all. So, why worry about it? Be realistic on what you can and want to do. Pick the things that are most important to you and focus on those. Even if it means you will be buying those Holiday cookies instead baking them, think of all the time it will free up for activities that you and your family will really enjoy!
- Allow yourself some down time. No one can be perky all the time. While you are doing things for others, don’t forget yourself. Set aside some time for a long relaxing bath, an invigorating long walk or a refreshing cup of coffee or tea. These quiet times for yourself will renew both your spirit and your energy.
- Holiday family gatherings can be fun! The key to keeping it as stress free as possible is to accept you are not going to change anyone. Just enjoy them for what they are, and move on.
- When planning a stress free Holiday celebration, it is a good idea to make a plan and be a little flexible! Having a “to do” list will help you organize what needs to get done and what needs to be bought, etc.. And just think how great you will feel as you check off each item on your holiday list!
- Try to do a much as you can in advance. You can cook and freeze many recipes to save time later.
- Plan for rainy days and bored kids. You can buy a few inexpensive puzzles, coloring books and crayons, then hide them away for rainy day occasions. That along with a few rented kid movies and popcorn can work wonders.
- Think positive and remember to have fun!!